We’re back with Using Music To Learn Vocabulary — Part 9!
1. Macabre — “May Seem Macabre” by Peter Bjorn and John
Macabre (pronounced either muh-cobb or muh-cobb-ruh) is an adjective that describes something disturbing/horrifying/gruesome that is associated with death.
2. Terrapin — “Terrapin” by Bonobo
A terrapin is a small turtle that lives in water.
3. Wigwam — “Ms. Wrong” by That Dog.
A wigwam is a dome-shaped tent/hunt made by Native Americans.
4. Till — “Death To Los Campesinos!” by Los Campesinos!
A till is another name for a cash register.
5. Serrated — “Waves” by Sleeper Agent
Serrated is an adjective that describes something with a jagged or sawlike edge